Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal speaks to NDTV as AAP government completes one year in office.
Here are the highlights of the interview:
- Our achievement is that most of the promises that we made in our manifesto, many have been fulfilled and many are being worked upon.
- What we had said, we have delivered.
- You will soon see 24×7 electricity in all Delhi homes.
- We had said that we will provide water to 268 colonies, we have done so.
- Education and health is our priority. For government schools, we have doubled the education budget.
- For health, we plan to set up 1000 Mohalla (neighbourhood) clinics.
- For one flyover, Rs. 325 crore was sanctioned, we ensured it was constructed for Rs. 200 crore.
- Earlier Rs. 5 crore was sanctioned for a dispensary, we are making the same in just Rs. 20 lakh.
- If we need CCTV surveillance across Delhi, the Delhi Police has to be taken into confidence.
- Within 2-3 months, we will be able to tell you which model we are planning to implement for free WiFi to be available in Delhi.
- I requested the Prime Minister to stop this daily fighting.
- I told the PM that we are new in politics, If we make mistakes, please tell us and we will correct it.